    one test such a PSU? And I started out to think this was just a
    simple fault........

    Ferry

    fvaneeuwen, Nov 28, 2005

  2. fvaneeuwen

    Ben Myers Guest

    That computer is an IBM NetVista. I would find another ATX power supply (any
    size will do) and test the system again. If the system boots up, then you know
    you need to replace the power supply. If you get a large full-sized ATX power
    supply for testing, place the system on its side, disconnect all the power
    cables from the suspect HiPro, connect the cables for the test power supply, and
    go... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Nov 28, 2005

  3. fvaneeuwen

    fvaneeuwen Guest

    Hi Ben

    Thank you for your advice. Sorry, it is a IBM! I also have a HP from
    friend here for repair and I switched things..... I will try that.
    donot have a PSU at hand now but I have a friend who has one and i
    willing to let me have a try with it. Will let you know the results

    Ferr

    fvaneeuwen, Dec 4, 2005