Startup & Restart Problems on Athlon XP3000+/Abit KD7-G/WinXP

Discussion in 'Abit' started by BradleyJ, Jul 17, 2003.

  1. BradleyJ

    BradleyJ Guest

    Hi - I am having startup/restart problems with my PC. Sometimes (1 in
    10?) the PC does not start when I power on...it just hangs on a black
    screen and I have to power down and up again to get it to work. Also,
    it will not restart when I choose "Restart" from within WinXP.

    My system is:

    AMD Athlon XP3000+
    Abit KD7-G
    Hercules 3D Prophet 9700PRO
    Corsair TWINX1024-3200LL DDR-DIMM
    2 x Western Digital Caviar 120GB IDE 7200RPM
    NEC CD-brenner IDE 48x/24x/48x
    NEC DVD-brenner IDE ND-1300
    WinXP Pro

    I am using the latest BIOS for the motherboard and I am using the
    onboard network controller.

    Any idea what could be causing these problems?

    Thanks.

    BradleyJ, Jul 17, 2003

  2. BradleyJ

    Leif Guest

    Strange! I have also experienced the same fault! I don´t know why, so I´m
    not much of a help though!
    I have a KD7-Raid with a XP2500+.
    I´m also having problem with detection of one of my drives....sometimes the
    startup hangs when detecting drives. Then I have to unplug that drive to
    make the system start and later I can pulg it in again (during restart)

    /Leif

    Leif, Jul 17, 2003

  3. BradleyJ

    Berserker79 Guest

    I am having startup/restart problems with my PC. Sometimes (1 in
    I have this same problem with my KD7 board I press the button, but the
    system just hangs there with the black screen. Anyway if I press the
    reset button it starts correctly.

    My config:
    AMD Athlon XP2500+
    Abit KD7 (bios version CY)
    Chaintech video card with GeForce4 MX440 GPU
    1 x 512 Mb DDR333
    HD Quantum fireball AS+ 20Gb 7200rpm
    Waitec Shuttle
    Win2k with sp3

    BTW I read somewhere on the net of compatibility issues
    between the KD7 series boards and ATI9700 cards which
    can account for this problem, but I don't have an ATI card...

    Berserker79, Jul 17, 2003
  4. BradleyJ

    Lee Guest

    Just a guess but it may be a PSU issue, what wattage rating is the PSU
    you are using?

    Lee, Jul 17, 2003
  5. BradleyJ

    Doug G. Guest

    What power supply do you have? Have you tried a different one?

    Doug

    Doug G., Jul 17, 2003
  6. BradleyJ

    - HAL9000 Guest

    - HAL9000, Jul 18, 2003
  7. BradleyJ

    BradleyJ Guest

    Hmmm....I didn't imagine it could be the power supply. I have the 360
    watt power supply that came with my Chieftec tower...

    Do you really think the power supply could be the problem? It powers
    up properly otherwise and I never seem to have any power related
    problems when it is running properly...?

    /Bradley.

    BradleyJ, Jul 18, 2003