Startup & Restart Problems on Athlon XP3000+/Abit KD7-G/WinXP

Discussion in 'IBM' started by Bradley Johansson, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Hi - I am having startup/restart problems with my PC. Sometimes (1 in
    10?) the PC does not start when I power on...it just hangs on a black
    screen and I have to power down and up again to get it to work. Also,
    it will not restart when I choose "Restart" from within WinXP.

    My system is:

    AMD Athlon XP3000+
    Abit KD7-G
    Hercules 3D Prophet 9700PRO
    Corsair TWINX1024-3200LL DDR-DIMM
    2 x Western Digital Caviar 120GB IDE 7200RPM
    NEC CD-brenner IDE 48x/24x/48x
    NEC DVD-brenner IDE ND-1300
    WinXP Pro

    I am using the latest BIOS for the motherboard and I am using the
    onboard network controller.

    Any idea what could be causing these problems?

    Thanks.

    Bradley Johansson, Jul 16, 2003