    I am just wondering how they do it. Did I get a custom OS? Any one
    with similar experiences? Seems like lots of work just to earn my
    $50. Buyer beware!!!

    linnix, Aug 29, 2009

  2. linnix

    langwadt Guest

    looks like it is easily done in the registry

    http://geniushackers.com/blog/2008/05/05/i-got-the-new-deca-core-processor-p/

    -Lasse

    langwadt, Aug 29, 2009

  3. linnix

    linnix Guest

    linnix, Aug 29, 2009
  4. linnix

    Cesar Rabak Guest

    linnix escreveu:
    The fact that the registry of your machine "shows the real thing" does
    not contradicts the fact that this string can *also* be tampered with,
    so you have to look for this information somewhere else. I would only
    trust in an utility I brought in the my media even so with a grain of
    salt. . .

    Cesar Rabak, Aug 31, 2009
  5. linnix

    D Yuniskis Guest

    At the very least, look at what the *BIOS* says (most modern BIOSes
    will give you a clue as to what they think the machine is). If
    your "thief" is willing to reflash a custom BIOS *and* hack the
    OS, then you probably should be looking for other sources for
    your equipment! (you get what you pay for -- *sometimes*!)

    D Yuniskis, Aug 31, 2009
  6. linnix

    linnix Guest

    I got a new drive with XP, and it shows P-III 750MHz, same as the
    Vista registry. I think they hacked a custom control panel. Anyway,
    the custom Vista is now dead and I am staying with XP anyway.

    linnix, Aug 31, 2009
  7. linnix

    GM Guest

    This would help:
    http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php
    It uses the CPUID x86 - AMD64 command as far as I know, so at least you
    can be sure for the processor type and frequency.

    GM, Aug 31, 2009
  8. linnix

    Cesar Rabak Guest

    GM escreveu:
    I don't want to rain in someones' party but this utility is as safe as
    the provider is.

    Once a system has booted the calls to any CPU instruction can be
    intercepted and 'faked' the only way to elide this is to have an utility
    that works like a mini OS, like but not the only one that does it, the
    UBCD http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/.

    And always remember to bring _yours_ copy of the CD that _you_ assembled!!

    Cesar Rabak, Aug 31, 2009