    about using the orignal driver with an earlier version of Directx ?

    Thanks a lot
    Ad

    Ad, Jul 9, 2004

  2. Ad

    Joe727 Guest

    Upgrade you motherboard chipset drivers.

    Joe

    Joe727, Jul 9, 2004

  3. Ad

    CapFusion Guest

    This is a link from nvidia for Win98 - driver 44.03 -
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/win9x_44.03.html

    I cannot find the 44.00 nor there a such driver that I am aware of.

    CapFusion,...

    CapFusion, Jul 9, 2004
  4. Ad

    Joe727 Guest

    Joe727, Jul 9, 2004
  5. Ad

    deimos Guest

    The 44.03 driver has an entry for the Riva TNT in it still. I believe
    after that, NVidia discontinued the TNT support (it often had different
    memory types and goofy 3rd party manufacturer incompatibilities).

    ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/44.03/

    Strangely enough, the .inf for 30.82 doesn't have a TNT entry, but 44.03
    does. These should bring you up to current game compatibility and bug
    fixes. They're DX9 compatible (I think), and make sure you upgrade to
    the newest chipset drivers too. Clean your system overall.

    deimos, Jul 9, 2004
  6. Ad

    Beowulf Guest

    Your card is a Riva TNT.

    http://www.hardwarecentral.com/hardwarecentral/reviews/141/2/

    Unfortunately, the TNT is no longer included in Nvidia's current unified
    drivers. You'll have to hit the archives at driverguide.com or
    guru3d.com t see which will stil support the TNT. start with 44.03
    since that set was fairly stable (another poster mentioned this , but I
    am too lazy to dig through my archive of drivers). As for dx9: before
    you go on a driver hunt, update your mobo chipset first. Then head over
    to driverguide.com to the STB Velocity 4400 archive and locate the
    newest STB driver - before company went bust. If that doesn't work, you
    can probably still pick up a TNT2 or early generation GeForce for you
    mobo dirt cheap.

    Beowulf, Jul 11, 2004
  7. Ad

    default Guest

    The current (as of now) 61.76 driver from nVidia has full support in the
    ..inf file again for all cards right back to the TNT (NV4). They added a
    second inf file for the older cards where the driver is not certified.
    Versions are available for Win95/98/ME, NT4, and Windows 2000/XP. All 3
    have NV4 support again built in. Seems to work fine for both the AGP and
    PCI models that I have tested. The new interface features are nice too
    compared to the older drivers.

    drivers and documentation are here:
    ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/61.76/

    default, Jul 26, 2004