stepper motor speed control (devicenet network)

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by sudheervemana, Aug 7, 2004.

  1. Hi all,

    I am working an stepper motor control in the devicent
    network.I am able to control the stepper motor position,whereas in
    case of velocity mode can anyone clarify me when the master sends an
    I/O data by keeping mode attribute to velocity and if he sends the
    target velocity ,acceleration and direction alone ,does it mean that i
    need to reach the target velocity with the target accelration and stay
    at that target velocity until i receive an target deceleration.

    At starting what are the minimum parameters that are to be
    received by the slave(stepper motor board) when master aims at
    controlling the speed(velocity mode).

    If the master sends velocity,acc,dec and direction ,does it
    mean i need to achieve the target velocity and need to decelerate the
    motor.

    please clarify me the velocity mode parameters that are to be
    send by the master at the initial time.

    With Regards,
    Sudheervemana.

    sudheervemana, Aug 7, 2004