    Is there anything special (hardware or software) that is needed to
    communicate with this device?
    Thanks in advance for any help...

    gka, Aug 6, 2003

  2. gka

    Klaus Grote Guest

    Hey,

    did you install the SUNWsan-Packages?

    CU
    Klaus Grote

    Klaus Grote, Aug 8, 2003

  3. gka

    gka1107 Guest

    No, I don't think I did.
    This is a fresh CD install. I will check with pkginfo and if not there, I
    will pkgadd it.
    Thank you very much for giving me a idea on what to look for.
    Gary

    gka1107, Aug 8, 2003
  4. gka

    Lyle Merdan Guest

    : No, I don't think I did.
    : This is a fresh CD install. I will check with pkginfo and if not there, I
    : will pkgadd it.
    : Thank you very much for giving me a idea on what to look for.
    : Gary

    : : : > > We have a Enterprise 3000 with a s-bus fibre channel controller. We are
    : > > trying to ataach a 9840 tape drive through the fibre cable straight into
    : the
    : > > controller. The system seems to recognize the tape device, but when
    : running
    : > > SVTS. it hangs up. It also gives an illegal request when issuing a mt-f
    : > > /dev/rmt/0 status command.
    : > > Is there anything special (hardware or software) that is needed to
    : > > communicate with this device?
    : > > Thanks in advance for any help...
    : >
    : > Hey,
    : >
    : > did you install the SUNWsan-Packages?
    : >
    : > CU
    : > Klaus Grote

    Whoa! I think it would be a waste if this controller is a SOC+ card.
    That's a pretty low end controller, and the 9840 is a pretty good tape.

    What do you get from the command "luxadm qlgc"? If this card is a a X6757
    then make sure you use Sun's Install_it script to update the drivers.

    Sun's drivers can be found at http://www.sun.com/storage/san.
    At the bottom of the page is a link for SAN 4.2. Follow that
    link and login to the Sun download center. In the download
    center this is what you should grab:

    Install_it Script, English (SAN_4.2_install_it.tar.Z)

    Good Luck,

    Lyle

    Lyle Merdan, Aug 11, 2003