Stop Error (bad_pool_caller) when installing xp

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Steve Morris, May 26, 2004.

  1. Steve Morris

    Steve Morris Guest

    I have just upgraded my motherboard from a asrcok k7s8xe to your Abit KV7
    motherboard.

    I am running an AMD 3200XP barton processor (400mhz fsb) and 2 sticks of
    512mb pc3200 memory. These were the components running in the asrock
    motherboard.

    I am also running an 80gb HDD attached to IDE1 and a dvd burner attached to
    IDE2 and an ATI 9800PRO graphics card. All this is running via a 400w ATX
    PSU.

    I am trying to install microsoft windows xp. I keep getting a Stop Error
    (blue screen) with a description of BAD_POOL_CALLER. I have tried another
    hard drive and the message appears the same.

    I can boot up from the XP disk. Get to the point I have created and
    formatted a partition and after about 2% to 5% of the initial files are
    copied the Stop Error appears.

    I have tried a different hard drive with the same results.

    Although the stop error always appears - sometimes I can boot up to the
    partition page and leave the computer sitting there doing nothing for
    several minutes and the same stop error appears!

    I have ensured the CMOS is clear with all defaults loaded.

    I have reinstalled everything to my asrock motherboard and reformatted the
    hard drive etc with no problems.

    Any help would be most appreciated.

    Many thanks

    Steve Morris, May 26, 2004

  2. Steve Morris

    @ndrew Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/37uhq

    regards

    @ndrew

    @ndrew, May 26, 2004

  3. Got it working in the end by increasing the CPU core and DDR voltages
    slightly.

    All running fine now for the last 12 hours.

    Stephen Morris, May 29, 2004