    The Precision 370 workstation is always coming up with an F1 prompt from the
    BIOS to continue. This happens even when the BIOS has been configured.
    How do I stop this? I just want to boot straight to the OS.

    Will, Dec 25, 2005

  2. Will

    S.Lewis Guest

    The BIOS is experiencing errors or problems while initializing the base HW.
    Go into BIOS and view the event log to see if there are entries there that
    might give some indication.

    Also, press ESC when you boot the system to remove the Dell splash screen.
    This will allow you to see the devices as they load and may also give you
    some idea as to what is causing the prompt.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Dec 25, 2005

  3. Will

    Jay B Guest

    definitely check for error messages.
    also could be cmos battery, or clear nvram.

    Jay B, Dec 25, 2005