    Application will be Oracle, were where thinking DB on RAID on one channel,
    logs on RAID on the other...

    Steve

    Ste Kearney, Apr 11, 2005

  2. You could make two different luns mapped out on the differnet channels.
    Maks sure you run the latest firmware on the 3310. (3.35W) patch
    113722-07 (public)

    /wfr
    Fredrik

    Fredrik Lundholm, Apr 11, 2005

  3. Ste Kearney

    Scott Howard Guest

    Yes, although you'll need VxVM or similar on the host to multipath, or just
    present half the disks down each path.
    Huh? A Sun Service plan is needed for what?
    No problems there - from the array side just treat it like you're
    connecting to two individual hosts, and then connect them both to the
    one host.

    Scott

    Scott Howard, Apr 11, 2005
  4. Ste Kearney

    Tom Tobin Guest

    It happened last week.
    I'd like to know what the thinking is behind it.
    Anyone know?
    Was it something the customers asked for?;-)
    You must get access - as an approved Reseller, right?

    Tom Tobin, Apr 11, 2005
  5. Ste Kearney

    Scott Howard Guest

    Ohh.. you mean the new SunSolve restrictions which have been advertised
    on SunSolve and discussed here at length in the past few weeks?

    Either way, it doesn't imapct _any_ product documention. ALL official
    product documention is still available, completely free of charge, from
    http://docs.sun.com/ and/or http://sun.com/

    Hardware information on the SE3310 is also still available at
    http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_private/Systems/3310/3310.html which
    also includes (under "Related documents") a link to the PDF's on
    sun.com
    Please let's not start this thread all over again. Go and read the posts
    over the past few weeks/months on it (http://groups.google.com if your
    news server doesn't go back that far).

    You're a reseller and you don't have a SunSolve account? That's a little
    worrying. You should also be able to access the full Handbook via SPE.

    Scott.

    Scott Howard, Apr 11, 2005
  6. Ste Kearney

    Tom Tobin Guest

    Presumably, by 'here' you mean somewhere in the newsgroups?
    It wasn't discussed 'at length' in this particular newsgroup.
    There are some threads in other ngs - where you contribute - but none
    of them explain why it has been done.
    And many posters pleaded with Sun - before it happened - to think again.
    If it does not impact...
    If ALL official product documentation is still there...
    And everything is completely free of charge...
    And everything in the garden is rosy...
    Why was it done?
    Why was there any need to change it?
    If you don't want to go all over it again, just post a link for
    somewhere on the Sun website that explains the reasons for it.
    For clarity...
    Your reply here is to the OP, who said that *his* company was a Sun
    Reseller.

    Tom Tobin, Apr 11, 2005
  7. Ste Kearney

    Steve S. Guest

    It's funny because now you can't even look at the pictures of a piece of
    hardware that you may be intending to buy. As an example go to the
    systems handbook, select a machine, and try to click on one of the
    photos. I'm sure this will help sell alot of machines ! Here's an example :

    http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/SunFireV440/SunFireV440.html

    Steve S., Apr 11, 2005
  8. Ste Kearney

    Ste Kearney Guest

    Ohh.. you mean the new SunSolve restrictions which have been advertised
    Well have to confess to not hanging around the sun ngs for a while, moving
    house a few times and other stuff! Plus things have been relatively plain
    sailing lately, no need to access Sunsolve.

    Yeah, found it! Was gonna tell everyone I found the info but came back to
    everyone telling me!!
    We are an official reseller in UK, in derbyshire, Tom knows us, but as this
    is my home email I won't mention the name! I work from home and generally
    use my Mac mail.

    We must have a plan or sth that's gets us in, not spoke to the office guys
    yet...
    Well not *mine*! Humble employee only......

    Steve

    Ste Kearney, Apr 11, 2005
  9. Ste Kearney

    Elias Guest

    All product photos are available at:
    http://www.sun.com/smrc/photos-prod/

    The best place to start for hardware or software documentation is at at:
    http://www.sun.com/documentation/

    Configuration templates for Sun products in StarOffice format are
    available at:
    http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/config_diagrams/

    Elias

    Elias, Apr 11, 2005