[ Storedge 3310 ]

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Mariusz Grad, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. Mariusz Grad

    Mariusz Grad Guest

    Hi.

    Got problems with connecting Storedge 3310 (12xSCSI) with:
    scsi0 : Adaptec AIC7XXX EISA/VLB/PCI SCSI HBA DRIVER, Rev 6.2.36
    <Adaptec 29160 Ultra160 SCSI adapter>
    aic7892: Ultra160 Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 32/253 SCBs

    I cant set up host SCSI channel on 3310 to Wide 160 MHz.
    Im setting those values as defaults, but after reset they arnt used as
    current, soo there is some kinda problem btw 3310 and host controller.

    Host SCSI controller sees NAS either 3310 does.

    On host site ive got 2 errors:
    1st occurs when SCSI controller tries to find devices. It finds 2 HDDs and
    NAS - its good, but after that it shows FAILURE message - set ups transfer
    to ASYNC.
    2nd in dmesg:
    scsi0:A:2:0: DV failed to configure device. Please file a bug report
    against this driver.
    Vendor: SEAGATE Model: ST336706LW Rev: 0109
    Vendor: SEAGATE Model: ST336706LW Rev: 010A
    (scsi0:A:2): 40.000MB/s transfers (40.000MHz, offset 31)
    Vendor: SUN Model: StorEdge 3310 Rev: 0325
    Type: Enclosure ANSI SCSI revision: 03

    This situation happends even if I set up 3310 to use Narrow 40MHz and on
    SCSI controller on host site to 40MHz + not Wide.

    Documentation says that sometimes it can happen that 3310 will not show
    good current values.
    Ive read on newsgroups that updating firmware should help.

    Any ideas ?

    Thanks.

    Mariusz Grad, Jun 30, 2003