    What is going on?

    Do I need to get the Envision driver for XP? I have never needed to add any
    drivers to XP so far.

    VBM, Sep 14, 2005

  2. VBM

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Probably some DCC misunderstandings between monitor and laptop.
    If you can get drivers for the monitor, they might help.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Sep 15, 2005

  3. It's probably down to your display settings in Control Panel.
    Make sure Windows can see both displays, and that it thinks they are enabled

    HTH

    Brian

    Brian Pemberton, Sep 15, 2005
  4. VBM

    gfretwell Guest

    Experiment with the refresh rate

    gfretwell, Sep 15, 2005
  5. VBM

    VBM Guest

    enabled

    Yes, it is seeing both displays, and I found that when I choose to extend
    two the external monitor, it will do that, but it shows a very pixelated
    picture, like when you go into safe mode).

    When I attempted to make it the primary monitor, it seemed to accept it, but
    then never did anything, and those boxes were then greyed out after that.

    VBM, Sep 15, 2005
  6. VBM

    VBM Guest

    OK, I will try that.

    VBM, Sep 15, 2005
  7. I would suggest experimenting with the screen resolution. Start with
    bog standard VGA 840x600. Your laptop might be putting out a screen
    res to high for the monitor to cope with.

    nl

    Niall Leonard, Sep 15, 2005
  8. VBM

    VBM Guest

    Messing with the refresh rate didn't do anything, so I tried the resolution
    all the way down, but still no good. I also tried the Function-F5 and saw
    that the first option, LCD, was highlighted. I tried to click on the
    middle, which shows the two monitors, but it would not switch.

    VBM, Sep 15, 2005
  9. VBM

    VBM Guest

    Update for all that were helping. I was able to follow the advice of using
    Function-F5 and switching to LCD/CRT and then restarting. I could not at
    first make it switch, but then figured out that by hitting the F5 again it
    moved it over. Then a restart and messing with the resolution a bit made it
    all work!

    Thanks for all your help, guys!

    VBM, Sep 16, 2005
  10. VBM

    gfretwell Guest

    Good point, there are some old IBM monitors that don't talk 600

    gfretwell, Sep 16, 2005