    I think I have read in manual that only 512MB of plain SDRAM can be
    used, but why they are detected, then? I hope someone can help me
    here.

    uav, May 1, 2004

  2. uav

    Flower Power Guest

    I do not have a P6DBE, but I do have a P6SBA in which I tried to put 256-
    MB PC133 DIMMs, and only 128 of each memory module was recognized. The
    brief research I did on the problem led me to believe that PC100 and
    PC133 modules are internally configured differently so that only half of
    the memory in each PC133 DIMM is recognized by this series motherboard.
    This is probably because of the chipset generation. So, my guess is that
    you need to get true PC100 DIMMs if you want the full recognition of the
    memory by your motherboard. Good luck.

    Flower Power, May 1, 2004