    My suspicion is that the heatsink may not be seated properly, so I was
    thinking of removing it and re-setting. Anyone have any other ideas?

    Keithm

    KeithM, Nov 24, 2003

  2. KeithM

    RonK Guest

    Have you checked the cpu fan ? When a fan starts to screw up it may spin at
    very low rpm untill it heats up. Youy can remove the fan, peel back the
    sticker on the back of it and put a drop or 2 of 3 in 1 oil in it.

    RonK, Nov 24, 2003

  3. KeithM

    AxeClinton Guest

    Have you checked to make sure your fan on the CPU is ALWAYS starting up OK?

    AxeClinton, Nov 24, 2003
  4. KeithM

    DaveW Guest

    Time to remove the CPU fan, remove the old thermal grease with 99% Isopropyl
    alcohol, apply fresh good quality thermal grease, and reseat the fan.

    DaveW, Nov 25, 2003
  5. KeithM

    dgk Guest

    Yes, just don't ever press down on the HSF. Press down only on the
    catch. Ah, the voice of experience.

    dgk, Nov 25, 2003