Strange problem when turning ACER 1672WLMi on power

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pascal, Mar 3, 2005.

  1. Pascal

    Pascal Guest

    Hello, I for some time have a rather odd problem (and shitting) with
    my laptop ACER 1672WLMi. When it is on power, it works very well. If I
    restart it, not of problem. Where that wedges, it is if I halt it,
    and that I want to power it on a little bit later: impossible. At the
    beginning, I awaited 5 or 10 minutes and that set out again. Now, it
    takes him several hours of "recovery" (sometimes more than one night)
    before agreeing to start again. Each time it's the same process: when
    I press on the button "Power", the ventilator starts to turn in a weak
    way during a few seconds (even not at all), and the computer halts
    before starting. I don't understand, is it a problem of heating? (I
    doubt sometimes that in 5 hours it do not have time to cool...). I
    insist on the fact that once started the computer works perfectly
    (never of restarting or undesirable cut). Did somebody already have
    this problem?

    Additional informations:
    - that does not come from the alimentation (I tested some another);
    - the problem comes with or without the battery;
    - operating system: linux.

    Thank you in advance!
    Pascal

    Pascal, Mar 3, 2005