    windows finds the CDRW and not the DVD (again the bios see its ok)

    Its very weird!

    Any ideas?

    Guest, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Guest

    Chris Guest

    I've seen this a few times recently as well with 2 optical drives on the
    dame IDE channel. Some of them just don't play well together. Not sure it
    its a Windows issue or a drive manufacturer issue, but the only solution I
    have found is to put them on separate channels as such:

    Primary master: Main hard drive
    Primary slave: CDRW

    Secondary master: Second hard drive or DVDRW if no hard drive is present
    Secondary slave: DVDRW if secondary master hard drive is present

    Chris

    Chris, Mar 6, 2004