    Strange thing is that when I boot up the first time I get nothing, the next
    time after ive switched it off I then get the siren effect.

    Any help would be greatly apprecaited.. Thanks

    Man with no name, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Dead board, it seems. This siren sound is generated by the monitoring
    chip and usually indicates a PSU or mo/bo failure.

    Stephan

    Stephan Grossklass, Feb 5, 2004

  3. Man with no name

    Paul Guest

    It's not the sound, when you enable
    chassis intrusion is it? (If your mobo
    supports this). This is a jumper on
    some motherboards. Which according to this
    manual (but not for your mobo). sends a high-level
    signal. This goes off if the jumper isnt shorted.

    If you remove any chassis component/s. Did
    it go off, with the case on or off? on i take it?

    Paul, Feb 22, 2004