    center. In fact,
    I am on an island in the South Pacific luckily getting 1.1KB/s right
    now.

    primespacecowboy, Sep 20, 2006

  2. primespacecowboy

    Nigel Guest

    at wrote on 21/9/06
    8:36 AM:
    Sounds like the weirdness I had when a tiny sliver of metal was found under
    the keyboard the was crossing some connections - typing became a strange and
    interesting experience. Seems like something in your trackpad is shorting
    out?

    Nigel

    Nigel, Sep 21, 2006

  3. Based on #1 and #2, it seems that this problem may be related to the
    "control" key. If you have a newer laptop it could also be a trackpad
    problem. Or of course your external mouse, if that's what you're using.
    Any of those could tend to cause the menu to pop up as you describe.

    The "tfp" error is unrelated. I don't know what it is, but I get it all
    the time and I don't have the symptoms you describe.

    Tom Harrington, Sep 21, 2006