Strike F1 to continue or F12 to enter setup.

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Steve, Sep 6, 2005.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    I have a XPS Gen 3, Bios version A02, Intel 3.60 GHz, 2.0 GB memory.

    A while back one of my RAID 1 hard drives became "Degraded". I had to start
    the Intel Application Accelerator program and rebuild the mirror array,
    which was successful.

    Since then, during the post routine, it shows the Bios info and the array
    info, shown below:

    Raid Volumes:
    0 Array Raid1 mirror Normal
    Physical Disks:
    0 (serial #) 232.8GB
    Member Disk (0)
    2 ( serial#) 232.8GB
    Member Disk (0)

    Contrl 1 to enter setup.

    Then beeps ounce and the following appears:

    Strike F1 to continue or F12 to enter setup.

    Can someone advise how I can fix this to where I don't have press F1 every
    time I boot?
    I know it has to do with rebuilding the Raid 1 array, but need help with
    returning the boot process back to normal.

    Thanks in advance.

    "Small things amuse small minds."
    :Anonymous
    Name: Steve M.M.

    Steve, Sep 6, 2005

  2. Steve

    Fixer Guest

    Check to make sure everything is OK in the BIOS, like Date, and also see if
    its reset the bios defaults ie , floppy "on" when there is no floppy simple
    things like that

    Fixer, Sep 6, 2005

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    I've done that, and all is good. I had previously written down all Bios
    settings when I got the computer. All is the same.

    "Small things amuse small minds."
    :Anonymous
    Name: Steve Meyer
    email:

    Steve, Sep 6, 2005
  4. Steve

    Fixer Guest

    Then you might as well phone Dell Tech support it might be a hardware fault
    but I'm sure its something in the settings

    Fixer, Sep 7, 2005
  5. Steve

    axipolti Guest

    Mike
    Trouble with this world is that it's filled with apathy! But who
    cares!

    axipolti, Sep 7, 2005
  6. Steve

    CkainTech

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Strike F1 or F2 to Setup Message

    I too am getting this message due to swappingn out drives.
    The original IDE drive and a 2nd SATA drive I added after purchase.
    I put in 2 IDE drives as one of my systems failed and I needed to get the data off the drive. I swapped it into the original IDE position 1 to see if it would boot to do diagnostics, and that sort of messed up my bios... as it said it was not installed, but then I could continue and it would boot...
    Finally when I returned to my original IDE as primary and SATA drive as 2nd drive, I get this F1 crapola. Everything works fine, it's just a Dell thing I believe. I rechecked my connecting tapes, making sure the first drive was on first connector. And my SATA drive is on the controller card that I added on.

    I think it has to do with booting with new drives... confusing the bios.
    I am going to try updating the BIOS as a last resort.

    CkainTech, Oct 29, 2006