Stuck with a PII on a Biostar motherboard

Discussion in 'Biostar' started by Eric P., Oct 24, 2003.

  1. Eric P.

    Eric P. Guest

    Hi all,

    For a few days, I've been turning around looking on the web how to overclock my PII 350 (3.5 x 100) on a Biostar M6TBE motherboard (see hardware details below). In summary, I don't have access to the BUS frequency nor to the muliplier coefficient in the BIOS, nor on the motherboard (I think). I tried to cover the famous B21 pin, and set the SW1 motherboard swith to 4.5 x 100, but nothing happened...

    Help me please!

    Best regards, - Eric :eek:)

    CPU details:
    Pentium II MMX 350 MHz
    On the CPU box:
    350/512/100/2.0V S1
    19020169-0155 Philippines
    '97 SL356
    Carved on the CPU itself:
    78520130-0107

    Motherboard details:
    http://www.biostar.com.tw/products/mainboard/slot_1/m6tbe/m_m6tbe.exe
    (manual in a self extracting zip file)

    Eric P., Oct 24, 2003

  2. Eric P.

    atwifa Guest

    the multiplier cannot be changed on that processor. the only way to speed
    up modern intel chips is to raise the bus speed. unfortunately in your case
    the motherboard does not appear to have the facility for this. a better
    reason for an upgrade might never present itself with more clarity ;-)

    atwifa, Oct 24, 2003

  3. All covering the B21 pin does is tell the motherboard to use a 100 MHz FSB
    but your processor is already doing that and since the multiplier cannot be
    changed on Intel processors you're stuck at 350.

    What you could do is check the upgradware site to see if your motherboard
    can support a tualatin celeron using their Slot-T slotket. If so, you could
    put in from a 1.1 gig up to a 1.4 gig tualatin celeron (all are 100 MHz FSB
    processors).

    David Maynard, Oct 24, 2003