    I will look later when I have more time but if anyone knows the area
    on dell.com for student discounts, I'd appreciate it. Also how does
    Dell.com know I'm buying it for my college bound kid?

    RnR, Nov 8, 2006

  2. RnR

    Pen Guest

    In my experience the links are found at the colleges web site(s) and
    usually require a student login. I also have noted that the prices
    aren't any better than you can get if you watch the Dell sales closely.

    Pen, Nov 8, 2006

  3. dell.com
    then on right hand edge of screen click on "government, education, and
    healthcare"
    amd so on until you find the particular school if listed. not all schools
    are listed but you would still get the educational discount. the discount
    is not usually any better than a good sale direct from home or small
    business divisions. but if you are purchasing software (ms office) the
    discount is significant as the software sold through the education division
    is 'acedemic' edition wish discounted prices give by microsoft. the biggest
    advantage of buying one of these listed with a particular institution isn't
    price but is the fact that if the hard disk fails a replacement is sent out
    with the original software image pre-installed (though that does add a few
    days for the replacement drive to arrive).

    Christopher Muto, Nov 8, 2006