    Is it very difficult to make the computer more or completely quiet?

    Thanks.

    IS.

    IS, Nov 8, 2003

  2. Do it cheap using Panaflo quiet "FBA08A12L" fans.

    http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/appliance/pdf/fba08a.pdf

    If you liquid cool your internals, and remove all your fans, your case is
    gonna be hotter I believe. Those Panaflo's are the quietest fans that most
    PC places sell and can be found for less than 5 bucks easily. If you decide
    to NOT to liquid cool, you may consider replacing your current cpu cooler
    with something like the passive zalman HS, assuming you aren't overclocking.
    If your video card has a loud fan you can find passive coolers that work
    great also...good look, hth.

    Uncooked meat prior to state vector collapse, Nov 8, 2003

  3. IS

    Ed Medlin Guest

    You can leave the system the way it is if you just construct a small box
    with sound-insulating foam on the inside and just some carpet to cover the
    outside. It would only need to "drop" down over the top of the case. You can
    use Scotch-Brite for intake and exhaust holes in the case and almost no
    sound at all will be conducted to the mics.

    Ed

    Ed Medlin, Nov 8, 2003
  4. IS

    John M Guest

    Or you can get some cable extenders and leave your computer in a
    different room.

    John M, Nov 8, 2003
  5. IS

    IS Guest

    I just ordered all new quiet fans for the Back, the CPU with a new CPU heat
    sink, Chipset Cooler and a new Power addaptor. Total about 150.
    Thanks.

    IS.

    IS, Nov 8, 2003
  6. IS

    Lee Guest

    you can get some sort of sound proof installation stuff now i can't comment
    on how good they are but i am sure someone else can.

    Lee, Nov 8, 2003
  7. IS

    Billy_Bat Guest

    Billy_Bat, Nov 9, 2003
  8. IS

    Spajky Guest

    on my site too, since I am too sensitive to noise ...

    -- Regards, SPAJKY
    & visit site - http://www.spajky.vze.com
    Celly-III OC-ed,"Tualatin on BX-Slot1-MoBo!"
    E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

    Spajky, Nov 10, 2003