    my case has a rear fan that blows out. I would like to add a fan to the
    front of the case. should this blow in to help with air flow or should
    it also blow out. like I said a stupid fan question

    coltrane, May 14, 2010

  2. coltrane

    peter Guest

    It should blow in.....
    So that cool air enters from the front low and hot air gets sucked out the
    back high.
    Of course if you were to actually list your case we could get more specific

    peter

    peter, May 15, 2010

  3. coltrane

    coltrane Guest

    thanks, my case is an old antec and I have no idea what the model is.
    I do know that the rear and front fans are 90mm and there is a side
    vent. Thanks again.

    john

    coltrane, May 18, 2010
  4. coltrane

    peter Guest

    I have an older Antec case as well and it has the capabilities
    to use larger fans which are capable of moving more air at
    a reduced RPM for quieter operation.It also has a Air Filter
    in the front which must be cleaned regularly for proper airflow.
    The thing about cooling is that generic questions do not address the
    temperature of your work space ,the case cannot be cooler than the
    temp of your space and the CPU (unless you have some exotic cooling)
    cannot be cooler than the Case. So its a matter of degrees above ambient
    temperature.
    peter

    peter, May 18, 2010