    18 months or so before doing that.

    MB is ASUS P4P800 Deluxe.

    TIA

    Klaatu, Feb 6, 2006

  2. Klaatu

    Klaatu Guest

    [snip]

    Oops, I meant the GF 6600GT 128MB. Sorry about that.

    Klaatu, Feb 6, 2006

  3. Klaatu

    deimos Guest

    So where'd you find the 6800GT for less than 150? Perhaps you mean a
    6600GT, they're excellent cards for the money and run 120-150'ish.
    Since I've used a 9600 Pro before (faster than your XT), I can
    definitely say the 6600GT is an upgrade. But don't spend too much since
    you will likely have all around better performance if you upgrade your
    motherboard and CPU. A 1600 isn't going to push a 6600GT very much, let
    alone the much faster 6800GT.

    deimos, Feb 6, 2006
  4. Klaatu

    jb Guest

    Just almost did the same.. X1600PRo 512M AGP on a new machine.. went from
    2.4Ghz to 3.4Ghz processor thought... Still testing but I can crank up the
    AA and AF now.... Doom and Fable look much better and play is smoother..

    jb, Feb 6, 2006
  5. Klaatu

    TonyC Guest

    Since I've used a 9600 Pro before (faster than your XT)

    Other way around actually, 9600XT is a higher clocked 9600Pro.

    Tony.

    TonyC, Feb 8, 2006
  6. Klaatu

    TonyC Guest

    Best bang per buck at the moment is with 6800GS or X800GTO if you can
    stretch to those, substantially faster than 6600GT.

    Tony.

    TonyC, Feb 8, 2006
  7. Klaatu

    tod Guest

    You would be happy with ether the X1600 AGP or 6600GT AGP.
    With the 6600GT they have had more time to improve the drivers.
    The X1600 comes with better video play back support.
    Might want to watch EBay, get the best price on a used 6600GT.

    tod, Feb 9, 2006
  8. Klaatu

    SHRED Guest

    And, I think if you can wait a couple of months the 6800GS AGP should be
    in the $120-$150 range. Just a guess.

    SHRED, Feb 10, 2006