Subject: WANTED: Singel CPU based board with 64bit PCI-X slot (NO PCI-e)

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by MoRpHeUs, Jun 23, 2005.

  1. MoRpHeUs

    MoRpHeUs Guest

    Dear Sir or Madam,

    I'm looking for a mainboard that meets the below requirements:

    - Singel processor based mainboard (can be INTEL or AMD based board!)
    - 1 AGP 8x Graphic Slot.
    - Minimal 2 PCI slots.
    - Minimal 1 PCI-X 64bit slot
    (please do not confused by PCI-e that sometimes is wrong credited as
    PCI-X!!!)

    If you can help me, please give me: brand & model number of the board.

    Thanks in advance.

    Best regards,
    Dhr. Geert Pirens

    MoRpHeUs, Jun 23, 2005

  2. MoRpHeUs

    Paul Guest

    Look for a board with Hance Rapids 6300ESB Southbridge. The following
    board is 12"x9.8", and is roughly the normal desktop size. Populate
    with one processor, to meet your objective. The PCI-X is 66MHz.

    http://www.asus.com.tw/prog/spec.asp?m=NCCH-DL&langs=01 12" x 9.8"
    http://www.asus.com.tw/prog/spec.asp?m=PCH-DL&langs=01 12" x 10.5"

    To determine what kind of processor to use in the above boards, see:

    http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

    This DFI board takes a Pentium-M processor (will run cool). AGP
    slot is only 4X. Southbridge is 6300ESB.

    http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2342&p=9
    http://www.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_pr....jsp?PRODUCT_ID=3350&CATEGORY_TYPE=MB&SITE=US

    This forum might be a good place to look for more ideas -

    http://forums.2cpu.com

    There are plenty of server boards out there that will meet your
    requirements, but I take it you are looking for desktop board
    dimensions 12"x9.6" and not some extended form factor like 12"x13".
    Have a look at www.tyan.com .

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jun 23, 2005