    As it stands now the two main contenders are the AIW 9700Opro and the
    AIW 9800pro but any other suggestions would also be appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Moshe, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Moshe

    DaveW Guest

    The AIW 9600 Pro will be out in a few weeks.

    DaveW, Oct 17, 2003

  3. Moshe

    Moshe Guest

    Thanks for the answer, DaveW.
    I can't seem to find the release date for the AIW 9600pro anywhere. Is
    ATI usually this secretive?

    Moshe, Oct 17, 2003
  4. Moshe

    Rev Marc Guest

    What does "AIW" stand for?

    Rev Marc, Oct 17, 2003
  5. Moshe

    Skid Guest

    Like the subject line of this thread. All-In-Wonder is ATI's name for a card
    with video-in and extra multimedia capabilities, TV tuner and remote, etc.

    Skid, Oct 17, 2003
  6. Moshe

    J.Clarke Guest

    Thanks for the answer, DaveW.
    I can't seem to find the release date for the AIW 9600pro anywhere. Is
    ATI usually this secretive?[/QUOTE]

    You don't say where you are--if you're in the US it's already
    out--newegg has stock (unless they already sold them all)--don't know
    about the rest of the world.

    J.Clarke, Oct 18, 2003
  7. Moshe

    Moshe Guest

    I am located in the US.
    I have been able to find the AIW 9600pro online but I am now trying to
    decide between it and the AIW 9700pro. From what I gather, the
    9600pro has newer rendering capabilities but lags behind the 9700pro
    significantly in terms of frame rate.

    The AIW 9600pro costs around $250 while the AIW 9700pro costs around
    $300. It's really a tough call to make....

    Thank you for all the answers.

    Moshe, Oct 19, 2003
  8. Moshe

    Skid Guest

    Not a tough call at all. The 9700 Pro is well worth an extra $50 for
    noticeably better game performance. There are NO extra rendering
    capabilities in the 9600, don't know where that came from. It's the same
    chipset with half the pipelines disabled, a crippled version of the 9700.

    Skid, Oct 20, 2003
  9. Moshe

    Tim Guest

    Although the AIW 9600pro has dual VGA support, which no other AIW has.

    Tim, Oct 24, 2003