    information on accessing their serial port is scarce, both at the
    software level as well as pinouts etc. Has anyone used a Palm for
    this? Or maybe some other device? Thanks for your suggestions.

    ElderUberGeek, Sep 21, 2007

  2. ElderUberGeek

    msg Guest

    There must be dozens of handhelds that would work; two that I use
    are the 'cybiko' and the 'zipit'. Acquisition price is less than
    $50.00 for either device. My 'zipit' pages discuss the serial port:

    http://www.cybertheque.org/homebrew/zipit

    Regards,

    Michael

    msg, Sep 21, 2007

  3. Hi Micheal,

    I have just visited your web site it is a really nice information
    provider. So carry on...I want to join your group. Give me reply as
    soon as possible....

    Thanks
    Chirag

    information technology, Sep 23, 2007
  4. He has a group? Visions of unruly a mob roaming the streets wielding
    soldering irons are running through my head.

    I think you've misunderstood something.

    Robert

    Robert Adsett, Sep 23, 2007