Suggestions/Recommendations About Running Windows 7 RC on Toshiba M205?

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Wait, May 6, 2009.

  1. Wait

    Wait Guest

    I haven't followed this newsgroup for awhile, but I know there are a lot of
    knowledgeable folks who do, so ....

    I have an M205 max'd at 1.25 GB RAM. These days I use it more as a docked
    desktop backup machine than as a tablet, though I do occasionally use it as
    a convertible for taking notes and whatnot.

    I updated it to Vista Home 32-bit quite some time ago, and it works OK for
    browsing and email. I am considering installing Windows 7 RC in part because
    I've heard it requires less RAM than Vista to run nicely, in part because
    I'd just like to try Windows 7 (particularly on a machine that I don't rely
    on), and in part because I've considered a clean operating system install
    just to improve performance (though the clean install could be to return to
    XP Tablet). The M205 is dependable and still plugging away nicely, though it
    takes forever to boot and of course isn't my option of choice for anything
    processor or memory intensive.

    Anyway, has anyone tried Windows 7 on an M205 successfully? Any significant
    driver or other issues? (I still have minor driver issues under Vista when
    booting, with consistent requests for me to run Apoint2K\ApMsgFwd.exe and
    \Apoint2K\Apntex.exe; I recall that other Vista upgraders had this issue on
    the M205, and I've not succeeded with the usual cures, though I haven't
    tried very hard.)

    The bottom line is that I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or
    recommendations about upgrading an M205 to Windows 7 RC? Thank you.

    Wait, May 6, 2009

  2. Wait

    aspdn Guest

    RE: Suggestions/Recommendations About Running Windows 7 RC on Toshiba

    Running Win7beta on Toshiba U405-S2830.

    No problems so far.

    Love it.

    aspdn, May 12, 2009