    Anyone out there interested in helping? Any help is highly appreciate.

    Thanks,

    Unmesh

    Unmesh Laddha, Jul 3, 2003

  2. Unmesh Laddha

    Mike Jones Guest

    A 6500 -- especially if it has a lot of memory -- can take a *long* tome
    to go through POST if it's set to do all power-up tests. Plugging a
    terminal into serial port A is proabably a good thing to try - that's
    probably where the previous owner had the console set to go.

    Mike Jones, Jul 3, 2003

  3. You would need to attach an ASCII terminal or do some sort
    of terminal emulation from a PC or PDA. The requirements are
    a null modem cable with settings of 9600/8/N/1.

    I'd be surprised but it might also have a framebuffer installed.
    Look for a 13W3 connector on one of the I/O boards. Otherwise use
    serial port A with your terminal.
    When its finished, you should see one solid green light and
    one flashing green light. This would be the same for all the
    boards too. An amber light staying on means a problem. If you
    set the key switch to the diagnostic position, the POST will
    take even longer and spew out more information. I would only
    suggest doing this the first time since it would take a long
    time to boot up otherwise. Unless this machine has a disk board
    installed or external storage, its probably got no OS to boot.

    -am © 2003

    Anthony Mandic, Jul 4, 2003