    Regards Ian Donaldson

    Newtownards
    Northern Ireland

    Ian Donaldson, Feb 23, 2006

  2. Nothing that comes to mind (this appears to be an Elite3D m6)
    which is the board with daughtercard.

    It is important to realize that the maximum resolution these cards
    will do is 1280x1024.

    Casper

    Casper H.S. Dik, Feb 23, 2006

  3. Ian Donaldson

    Justin Guest

    and you'd be better off getting the Creator 3d with the latest firmware
    on it, which will actually do 1600x1200x60 :)

    Justin, Feb 26, 2006
  4. Ian Donaldson

    UNIX Museum Guest

    Interesting... Any way of upgrading the firmware?

    UNIX Museum, Feb 26, 2006
  5. I don't think so - at least it is not mentioned in the framebuffer FAQ.

    This Creator3D is running in my Ultra 80 at 1600x1200@60 Hz. Note it can
    *not* do double-buffering at that resolution, so it is probably slower
    than at lower resolutions. But I find it OK for 2D stuff. Sometimes I
    wish it was a bit quicker, but overall it is very useable, unlike the
    PGX32 I once had in this machine, which was a total disaster.

    sparrow /usr/sbin % fbconfig -prconf

    --- Hardware Configuration for /dev/fb ---
    Type: double-buffered FFB2+ with Z-buffer
    Board: rev 2 (Vertical)
    PROM Information: @(#)ffb2p.fth 2.9 98/07/14
    FBC: version 0x3241906d
    DAC: Brooktree 9070, version 1 (Pac2)
    3DRAM: Mitsubishi 130a, version 1
    EDID Data: Not Available
    Monitor Sense ID: 6 (Sun monitor)
    Monitor possible resolutions: 1024x768x77, 1024x800x84, 1152x900x66,
    1152x900x76, 1280x1024x67, 1280x1024x76, 960x680x112s, 960x680x108s
    Current resolution setting: 1600x1200x60 Hi-res

    However, it is not supported in the Ultra 80.

    I have an Ultra 60 with the Elite 3D-m6 (can't verify part number) and
    it works OK. However, I don't use it as a workstation, only a server via
    the serial port, so can't comment on its performance.

    --
    Dave K

    Minefield Consultant and Solitaire Expert (MCSE).

    Dave (from the UK), Feb 26, 2006