  1. Cant find anything in the documentation about this...

    Anyone got any idea what the max disk size that the V100 will
    recognise is? If there is a max...

    BertieBigBollox, Apr 25, 2007

  2. Don't count on more than 127 GB unless you find it written somewhere in
    Sun's documentation. It's a limitation built in to Sun's IDE
    controllers and AFAIK, it applies to ALL Sun IDE.

    Richard B. Gilbert, Apr 25, 2007

  3. No, it applies to all Sun IDE controllers released before PC system
    makers started doing ATA-6 that supported more than 127GB drives.
    Just like in the PC world.

    But, the V100 is an older system that was pre ATA-6, so yes, it won't
    support drives bigger.

    Doug McIntyre, Apr 25, 2007