    I'm fairly new to solaris and sun machines and don't know how to address
    this problem. Can anyone point me into right direction?

    Aapo Lehtinen

    Aapo Lehtinen, Apr 26, 2009

  2. Hi,

    Have you verified that the disk is not dead?

    /michael

    Michael Laajanen, Apr 26, 2009

  3. Yes, tried it in an other machine. Would there be some jumper or setting
    that prevents the use of second ide-channel?

    Aapo

    Aapo Lehtinen, Apr 27, 2009
  4. Yes, tried it in an other machine. Would there be some jumper or setting

    Aapo Lehtinen, Apr 27, 2009
  5. Hi,

    Not that I know about, I guess that you have checked the cable aswell?

    I am not a big IDE expert but have you checked the cableselect jumper on
    the disk?

    The first HDD and CDROM is primary and slave right, this being done with
    the cableselect, then the other cable should be the same.

    Does the second cable has room for two disks or one?

    /michael

    Michael Laajanen, Apr 27, 2009

  6. From what I remember about Sun IDE systems.. The drive select jumper
    must be in CableSelect mode. The hard drives typically are split on
    each bus, so first hard drive on primary bus, cd-rom is slave on
    primary bus (again via cable select jumper). Second hard drive on
    secondary bus.

    Doug McIntyre, Apr 27, 2009