    kernel patch 112233-11 will. It would be useful for use to have
    VLAN tagging in Solaris 8 on our Sun Fire V240's as well.

    Please remove the "nospam" from my address if replying via email.

    Jeff Wieland, Sep 16, 2004

  2. Jeff Wieland

    Jan Andres Guest

    Hello Jeff,

    Solaris 9 with 112233-11 is the minimum required to support VLAN
    tagging on the bge interface.

    See point 4 of the FAQ in
    http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-9-71209-1
    (the V210 is very similar to the V240).

    Regards,
    Jan

    Jan Andres, Sep 20, 2004

  3. Jeff Wieland

    Rich Teer Guest

    What liabilities do you think there would be?
    comp.unix.solaris is probably your best bet.

    HTH,

    --
    Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA, author of "Solaris Systems Programming",
    published in August 2004.

    President,
    Rite Online Inc.

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

    Rich Teer, Sep 21, 2004
  4. Jeff Wieland

    George Wyche Guest

    I need some reassurance about registering as a software
    developer with Sun. I like to ask a few questions about the
    benefits and liabilites of taking that action.

    So I ask, for which news group is that question appropriate?

    George Wyche

    George Wyche, Sep 21, 2004
  5. Jeff Wieland

    George Wyche Guest

    Dollars out of my pocket? Prohibition of talking about
    methods of hardware-software interface to those outside a
    group of undetermined size? Possible royalties on each of
    the copies of our device driver we sell (1 upto 10 if we're
    wildly lucky!)? No longer able to contribute to open source
    projects even remotely associated with such kind of code.
    Thanks, I'm off to see the wizards.
    ge||ge

    George Wyche, Sep 21, 2004