    Auto boot is set True.
    What other settings would cause the server not to restart?

    Brendan

    Brendan, Sep 26, 2004

  2. Brendan

    Scott Howard Guest

    The V240 allows you to configure what the server does after a power failure.
    If you want it to "remember" it previous power state then you need to have
    the sc_powerstatememory ALOM variable set to true. ie :

    From ALOM :
    sc> setsc sc_powerstatememory true

    From the OS :
    # scadm set sc_powerstatememory true

    This is covered in InfoDoc 74713, however this isn't available to the
    public. I'll make sure this gets rectified within the next few days.

    Scott.

    Scott Howard, Sep 26, 2004

  3. You might try checking your ALOM settings to see if a variable there may
    need to be changed (specifically sc_powerstatememory). Either connect into
    your ALOM port or su to root and enter

    # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/scadm show sc_powerstatememory
    sc_powerstatememory="false"

    http://docs.sun.com/source/817-1960-10/variables/h_sc_powerstatememory.html

    and related
    http://docs.sun.com/source/817-1960-10/variables/h_sc_powerondelay.html

    I'm curious of this works for you so would you either post back to the group
    or send me a direct e-mail?

    Thanks,

    Barron Hulver

    Barron Hulver, Sep 26, 2004
  4. Brendan

    Brendan Guest

    Thanks Guys for your quick and accurate responses
    sc_powerstatememory was false.

    All the Best

    Brendan

    Brendan, Sep 28, 2004