    frequency, but I'm really not very confortable messing with the
    XF86Config file, so help will be welcomed.

    Thanks in advance.

    Pablo, May 16, 2004

  2. Isn't this a Linux software question, rather than Sun hardware?
    Shouldn't you mention what operating system you are using that
    includes XF86Config?
    A relatively modern OS that uses XF86Config will also have a software
    configurator for XF86, so you don't have to "mess with the XF86Config
    file" directly. You realize, I presume, that you won't be able to
    see the boot-time messages from the PC BIOS on this monitor.

    carl

    Carl Lowenstein, May 17, 2004

  3. The GDM-1962 is a fixed-frequency composite sync monitor, so the
    great majority of 13w3 adapters will not make it work. There's a
    page on how to build a sync combiner circuit for it here:
    http://www.synergetech.co.jp/html/hal9000/display/1.txt

    Personally, given the hassle involved in getting one of those monitors
    to work at all (and the limitations on how well it will work even when
    it is made to work), I wouldn't bother.

    the tree by the river, May 17, 2004