    first hear the typical startup sound of a CRT monitor, but that's it.
    The green power LED flashes slowly, approximately in a once per second.
    What does this indicate?

    Georg Schwarz, Sep 10, 2006

  2. That when they tell you to keep your hardware in a cool, dry place
    they really do mean it.

    Andre van Eyssen, Sep 12, 2006

  3. Sun won't drive the monitor unless it also has a keyboard attached at
    boot. I might try to validate the sun is operational via a serial cable
    before using it to test the monitor.

    Darren Dunham, Sep 12, 2006
  4. Hi,
    Wrong, It will and display something like "no keyboard found using ttys1
    ...."

    /michael

    Michael Laajanen, Sep 12, 2006
  5. Hm.. Yes. I'm not sure what I was thinking of. (probably just wasn't
    thinking enough). (Are there any other systems that don't send a signal
    without detecting a keyboard?)

    The serial cable is still a good idea because it can display some errors
    that occur before the framebuffer is initialized.

    Darren Dunham, Sep 13, 2006