Sun Microsystems Ultra24 - Jumper information request

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Ultra24, Feb 12, 2019.

  1. Ultra24

    Ultra24

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2019
    Hello:

    My home-office rig is a ca. 2009 Sun Microsystems Ultra24 workstation.

    I've never been fond of what they call 'the bleeding edge' and have always preferred older but best quality hardware.

    The Ultra24 has not been a dissapointment, save for the crap BIOS it came with and the subsequent updates.

    I understand that the Ultra24 (and all other x86 rigs) were rather an anomaly for a company that produced SPARC based systems and my guess is that (and Oracle) may be the reason why there's scarce information on the hardware out there.

    The Ultra24 system board (codename Ursa p/n 375-3540) has a number of jumpers for which I have not been able to find any information, even in (what is labeled as) a service manual.

    Only J25 is identified as a CMOS clear jumper, the other jumpers (J14/J19/J26/J33 and J45 to 47) are described as 'unknown'.

    I suspect that one or more of these may be used to access the on board Gbe BIOS settings which, for some strange reason, are greyed out and unavailable to the rig's administrator (!)

    I'd be very obliged if anyone here has any information with respect to this motherboard.

    Thanks in advance.

    U24

    Ultra24, Feb 12, 2019