    Any help on this will be much appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Smita

    Smita, Sep 4, 2003

  2. Smita

    C. Newport Guest

    The standard Sun monitor cable has 10 normal pins and 3 coax connections.
    It you do not have a matching connector on your Sparc 5 then you will
    need to buy a frame buffer card. TGX or CG6 cards are cheap on Ebay.

    Do you mean a Sparcstation 5 or an Ultra 5 ?.
    The Ultra 5 ( some people make this mistake) has a VGA connector
    and you can get an adaptor.

    C. Newport, Sep 4, 2003

  3. Smita

    Smita Guest

    Thanks for your input.
    I do mean the SparcStation 5. The only recognizable connectors it has
    are the two serial connections (25 pin). It does not seem to have a
    normal pc type monitor connector.
    Is there any other way of connecting a graphics monitor to this
    sparcstation 5?

    Smita, Sep 4, 2003
  4. Smita

    CJT Guest

    As he said, you can buy a frame buffer (in PC parlance, a graphics
    card).

    CJT, Sep 4, 2003
  5. There is no builtin graphics in the SparcStation 5. Graphics is
    provided by optional frame buffer cards (SBus or AFX) in one of
    the three SBus slots (the three openings above the row of connectors).
    You have use a frame buffer.

    The parts inside the SS5:
    < http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/SS5/SS5.html >

    The system board in the SS5 (including connectors):
    < http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Devices/System_Board/SYSBD_Station_5.html >

    8-bit frame buffer (SBus):
    < http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Devices/Graphics/GRAPH_TurboGX.html >
    < http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Devices/Graphics/GRAPH_TurboGXplus.html >