    The manuals on docs.sun.com couldn't help me out

    Regards
    Mike

    Mike M., Nov 12, 2003

  2. Mike M.

    Rich Teer Guest

    Yes, that is correct.
    Sun's don't have a BIOS. :)

    Press Stop-A to get to the OK prompt. From there,
    type "boot cdrom" (without the quotes), and your
    Ultra 1 will boot from the CD.

    --
    Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA

    President,
    Rite Online Inc.

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

    Rich Teer, Nov 12, 2003

  3. And for better results, boot from Software 1 of 2, not Install.

    carl

    Carl Lowenstein, Nov 13, 2003
  4. Mike M.

    Glenn Guest

    + On 12-Nov-03 20:53:41
    Worth to mention is that the "Stop" key can be named other things
    in different countries, for example it's "Avbryt" on swedish keyboards.
    ...IF the devalias cdrom is pointing to the controler and SCSI-ID where
    the CDROM actually is.. But on a Ultra1 with only one SCSI controller
    and a CDROM with "defaultsettings" it should work. :)

    Glenn, Nov 14, 2003
  5. Mike M.

    Beardy Guest

    Glenn wrote:
    [Erk - its gone]

    Do you have to type "stövel cdrom" or something similar?

    ;-)

    Beardy, Nov 16, 2003
  6. Mike M.

    Glenn Guest

    + On 16-Nov-03 07:32:46
    <lol> No, the language in the OBP is fortunatly still english :)

    (I also always use Solaris with english/american locale since I hate
    seeing errormessages in badly translated swedish..)

    Glenn, Nov 17, 2003