Sun Ultra 5 is similar to Sun Ultra 10

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Johnny Chong, Aug 4, 2004.

  1. Johnny Chong

    Johnny Chong Guest

    Hi all,

    We have a sun ultra 5 running a critical application and we are looking for
    a spare unit
    as a backup.

    There seems to be plenty of recondition Sun ultra 10 in the market but not
    Sun ultra 5.

    On checking the technical specification , they seems similar except for the
    casing.

    Anyone tried to run a sun ultra 5 application on a sun ultra 10 box?

    Thanks in advance.

    rgds

    Johnny

    Johnny Chong, Aug 4, 2004

  2. The motherboards of the U5 and U10 are identical. Only the cases are
    different. But, an 'Ultra 5 application' can run on any Ultra system (of
    the same OS or (usually) later.
    --
    Bill Wyatt () "remove this" for email
    Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (Cambridge, MA, USA)

    ------------ And now a word from our sponsor ----------------------
    For a quality mail server, try SurgeMail, easy to install,
    fast, efficient and reliable. Run a million users on a standard
    PC running NT or Unix without running out of power, use the best!
    ---- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_surgemail.htm ----

    WilliamREMOVEWyattTHIS, Aug 4, 2004