Sun WU3 in "Sun UltraSparc 2"

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Andre, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Andre

    Andre Guest

    I found this info about scsi in the online ref manual for my Sun Ultra
    2 system on :
    http://docs.sun.com/db/doc/802-2562-11/6i6h3vehr?a=view

    ---------------------
    SCSI Implementation

    Single-ended
    16-bit (wide SCSI) with parity
    20 MBytes/sec Fast Wide SCSI
    Supports 16 SCSI addresses:
    Target 0-6 and 8-F for devices
    Target 7 reserved for SCSI host adapter on main-logic board
    Supports up to 3 internal SCSI drives:
    SCSI disk drive target 0 (lower drive slot)
    SCSI disk drive target 1 (upper drive slot)
    SCSI CD-ROM drive target 6 or SCSI tape drive target 5
    External 8-bit and 16-bit SCSI devices supported via 68-pin SCSI
    connector

    question:
    Would a "Sun 18,2 GB WU3 10K RPM HDD" work on this machine.
    This disk is ultra wide scsi but has an SCA interface. Could it be
    connected to the SCA on the "Sun UltraSparc 2" ?

    regards,
    Andre

    Andre, Jul 10, 2003