    switch.

    Thanks and Regards,
    Bhushan

    Bhushan, Jan 19, 2006

  2. Bhushan

    tunla Guest

    Hi,

    I am using the Avocent Switchwiew-USB KVM switch in my Desktop
    setup
    to switch between the PC and the SunBlade 1500 . I am using the
    SUN type 5 USB keybord and USB mouse for both PC & Sunblade.

    You did not get a keybord or mouse with the server because you did
    not
    order the country kit !

    You will also need an XVR-100 graphics card in the V240 to make
    it
    produce a VGA signal for you VGA screen.

    SUN servers is not default populated with KVM as it is not needed.
    you can always setup Xwindows or Xwindows over VNC from a PC
    if you need to do graphic systems management on the system.

    Xvnc server is included on the Solaris Companion CD.

    //Lars

    tunla, Jan 19, 2006

  3. HI,
    Use a serial cable, no need for a monitor or?

    /michael

    Michael Laajanen, Jan 19, 2006
  4. Bhushan

    ohaya Guest

    Hi,

    I know that this is not exactly answering your question, but we run a
    bunch of 240Rs (among others) at the place I work, and almost all of
    them are headless (no keyboard/mouse, no monitor). We generally
    manage/use the systems via network using SSH. In some cases, we go via
    serial port using tip, from another machine.

    Jim

    ohaya, Jan 22, 2006