    HDD is reserved for hot-spare.

    Regards
    Thomas

    Twarnecke, Nov 10, 2005

  2. The V440 has a raidcontroller that can do raid1. But you cannot
    configure it to use additional disks as hot-spare devices.

    If you want to have hot-spare disks then you must configure
    your raid with Solaris Volume Manager. See metadb(1M), metainit(1M),
    metattach(1M), and metahs(1M) for how to do this or consult the docs
    on docs.sun.com. There are pretty good examples.

    Tom

    Thomas Maier-Komor, Nov 10, 2005