    hello,
    is it possible to install sunos 4.x on sun ultra1?

    thanks,

    jdh13, Jul 4, 2005

  2. jdh13

    Rich Teer Guest

    No. WHy would you want to?

    President,
    Rite Online Inc.

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

    Rich Teer, Jul 4, 2005

  3. jdh13

    jdh13 Guest

    i have to duplicate a disk which runs on an old real time system
    (vxworks) and they used sunos 4.x as host during developpment. So i
    guess this disk was formatted under sunos?

    jdh13, Jul 5, 2005
  4. i have to duplicate a disk which runs on an old real time system
    Solaris should be able to read ufs formatted disks created under SunOS 4.x,
    as long as they were created with the default block size.

    Casper

    Casper H.S. Dik, Jul 5, 2005
  5. jdh13

    jdh13 Guest

    thanks for help
    but vxworks used a strange filesystem (magic label wasn't recognized) so
    we had to use another method...

    jdh13, Jul 6, 2005