SUNPCI co-processor card installation help needed

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Guest User, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. Guest User

    Guest User Guest

    I recentely installed the SUNPCI co-processor card in my system
    (Ultra Sparc 10 3.31 OBP) running Solaris 8.

    I downloaded version 1.3 of the SUNPCI software from SUN's website.
    After pkgadd'ing it into (/usr/opt/SUNWspci):

    cd "drivers/solaris"
    ../sunpciload
    cd "../bin/"
    ../sunpci
    this resulted in the following error message:

    /*******************************************************
    It appears that you have just installed the sunpci patch
    Please as root run

    sunpciupdate

    to complete the installation. It is located in ...SUNWspci/bin
    directory (if installed to default directory, /opt/SUNWspci/bin)

    See the patch README for full instructions

    problem is there is no such file "sunpciupdate". any idea what is
    causing this error message and what I might be able to do to correct it?

    By the way, does anyone have the SUNPCI I cd or willing to upload the
    image to me? please contact me at and I'll setup an
    ftp site for you.

    Thanks

    Guest User, Jun 30, 2003