    performance).

    Thanks,

    Shaun

    Shaun James, Sep 24, 2007

  2. Shaun James

    Dave Guest

    I've got Sun PCI II pro running under Soalris 10 on an Ultra 80. I
    needed to do a make a couple of links from file with a 9 to some with
    10. Details can be found on the web.

    Dave, Sep 24, 2007

  3. Shaun James

    Shaun James Guest

    Thanks for your reply Dave. It's good to know that the SunPCI IIpro
    software works on Solaris 10.

    I'd still be interested to know if a SunPCI III would work in an Ultra10

    Regards,

    Shaun

    Shaun James, Sep 25, 2007
  4. Shaun James

    Barry Keeney Guest

    : HI All,

    : I know that it is not officially supported, but has anyone used a SunPCI III
    : card in an Ultra 10? The physical and electrical specs of the required PCI
    : slot appear okay, but I wonder if there are any other issues (apart from
    : performance).

    I tried putting mine in an Ultra 10 at first but couldn't
    get it to work. (It was also a SunPCI III)

    I ended up moving it to a newer system to use it.

    --
    Barry Keeney
    Chaos Consulting

    "Rap is Square Dancing gone terribly, terribly Wrong...."

    Barry Keeney, Sep 25, 2007
  5. Shaun James

    Trinean Guest

    It'll probably seem sluggish if it works since the SunPCi III will probably
    be faster than the Ultra 10's CPU.
    Even with a SunPCi IIpro I saw an improvement with the Windows 2000 just by
    moving the card from an Ultra 10 to a Sun Blade 1000.

    Trinean

    Trinean, Sep 26, 2007