Super pi mod 1.4.

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by Al Brumski, Apr 4, 2006.

  1. Al Brumski

    Al Brumski Guest

    Hi All,

    Could someone post super pi mod 1.4.

    A group is comparing results and they've chosen mod 1.4 to use as bm.
    I've got 1.5, I don't think there's a big difference, but they want us
    to post a screen cap to verify. I suppose I could get creative with PS
    pro, but that wouldn't be honest!!!

    TIA

    Al

    P.S

    I've checked around, all the threads to mod 1.4 are dead.

    If you've got one that works, that would be great too!!

    Al Brumski, Apr 4, 2006

  2. Pleae put me out of my misery - what does super pi mod 1.4 mean?

    Here is Pi to 300 signifiant digits

    In[1]:= N[Pi,300]

    Out[1]= 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078\
    And here is Pi mod 1.4 to 200 digits,

    In[2]:= N[Mod[Pi,14/10],200]

    Out[2]= 0.3415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078\
    But I've no idea what super pi is.

    --
    Dave K MCSE.

    It is always of the form: [email protected] Hitting reply will work

    Dave (from the UK), Apr 4, 2006

  3. Al Brumski

    Leadfoot Guest

    The only difference is the owner of the software was changed in the about
    page

    http://www.xtremesystems.com/pi/index.php

    Changelog:
    2005/02/21First version

    2005/02/21Fixed minute bug (1:20 would show as 1:80)

    2005/02/22Super pi mod now loads/saves the result times in msecs in
    pi_rec.dat. The original pi_rec.txt is no longer used in this version
    because it just wasn't worth the trouble. Super pi originally stores the
    results in seconds internally so I had to do quite a bit of editing to get
    this to work at all :)

    2005/02/26Added cheat protection.
    I changed the text in the title bar so people can see that you haven't
    cheated when you post a screenshot with your results.

    2005/02/27Added more cheat protection. Try to cheat and it'll crash :)

    2005/02/28Moved the code around a bit and changed back the section
    permissions.

    2005/03/04Restarted from scratch.
    New features are an even more precise timer, no more 15 msec jumps.
    A checksum has been added which you can validate using the form above. Also
    results are now saved in an encrypted format for the jokers that like to
    edit the save file :) Your old results will no longer be loaded, a new file
    (pi_rec.dat2) is used. Sorry about that but it was the easiest way.
    2005/03/14I had to go back to the previous timing, 15 msec jumps are back :(
    Problem was the high precision timers were giving completely wrong results
    on systems clocked over ~4 GHz.

    2006/02/14XtremeSystems branded Pi released!
    No physical code changes other than heading at top of dialog box.

    Leadfoot, Apr 5, 2006
  4. Al Brumski

    Al Brumski Guest

    Thanks Leadfoot.

    One other question. I looked at task manager while super pi mod 1.5
    was running. It shows both cpu's (P4 640) running at ~50% during the
    calculation.

    When I run other cpu benchmarks, (sandra for example) both cpu's are
    at 100 %.

    Should super pi be utilizing 100% of my cpu's resources during the
    calculation???

    Thanks,

    Al

    Al Brumski, Apr 5, 2006
  5. Al Brumski

    Leadfoot Guest

    The author wrote the program before Dual Cores became popular. He has since
    lost interest in the program. So it will be up to someone at xtremesystems
    to decide if it ever modified for DC

    Leadfoot, Apr 5, 2006
  6. Al Brumski

    Al Brumski Guest