SuperMicro 1U cases and AMD MBs

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by svrz, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. svrz

    svrz Guest

    Hello

    Has anyone here ever built a rackmount server with any of SuperMicro 1U
    cases and an AMD MB? It looks like all of their cases are certified for
    Intel MBs. For example:

    http://www.supermicro.com/PRODUCT/Chassis/SC812.htm

    This is the only information that I found regarding AMD on their website:

    "Q: Will a SC742S-420 chassis work with AMD XP motherboard?

    A: the power supply in SC742S-420 is SSI-24pin specification. Before you
    install the motherboard, you must make sure the AMD platform also use SSI-
    24pin spec as its power source. Besides, please also check if the AMD
    platform has any additional requirement."

    http://www.supermicro.com/TECHSUPPORT/MonthlyFAQ/Misc/miscfaq1002.htm

    If anyone has built a 1u rackmount server with any AMD MBs, can you kindly
    share your experiences (positive or negative :))?

    Thanks very much in advance.

    Regards

    svrz, Jan 31, 2004