    a potential delimma.

    Is "Supervisor password" another way of saying "BIOS password" ?

    Thanks.

    Vince, Jul 28, 2005

  2. Vince

    Tom Scales Guest

    Are you sure you don't mean Administrator password? If so, it's for
    Windows, primarily if you have to go into Safe mode.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jul 28, 2005

  3. Vince

    Vince Guest

    Hi Tom:

    Yes, I am sure. Supervisor password was written onto paper notebook
    at the time. As yet, I have not seen anything referring to
    Supervisor password. There is no document and settings folder for
    Supervisor when viewing WinExplorer.

    Vince, Jul 28, 2005
  4. Vince

    John Fryatt Guest

    There are two 'BIOS' passwords. One is for general use, and allows
    access to the machine but if you actually go into the BIOS setup you can
    only look at things and not change them The other password will allow
    changes to the BIOS setup.
    On my Dimension these are termed 'System' and 'Setup'.
    On my Latitude they are termed 'User' and 'Supervisor'.

    John

    John Fryatt, Jul 29, 2005
  5. Vince

    Helen Guest

    | Vince wrote:
    | > I received my Dell XPS Gen 4, WinXPpro SP2, Media Center 2005 Edition
    | > PC back in January; so, my memory does not serve me very well.
    | >
    | > Somewhere along the way, a Supervisor password was generated, and I
    | > have it written down.
    | >
    | > I do not know when/why I would need to use this Supervisor password.
    | > Please provide info about the Supervisor password so that I may avoid
    | > a potential delimma.
    | >
    | > Is "Supervisor password" another way of saying "BIOS password" ?
    |
    | There are two 'BIOS' passwords. One is for general use, and allows
    | access to the machine but if you actually go into the BIOS setup you can
    | only look at things and not change them The other password will allow
    | changes to the BIOS setup.
    | On my Dimension these are termed 'System' and 'Setup'.
    | On my Latitude they are termed 'User' and 'Supervisor'.
    |
    | John

    I once saw a laptop (OS NT4) and that password had to be entered
    BEFORE you could get into the BIOS! I kept it for a night and couldn't
    enter...I got part of it...got ALMOST...but no cigar!

    Helen, Jul 30, 2005
  6. Vince

    Notan Guest

    More than likely, a hard drive password. Without it, the laptop's a brick!

    Notan

    Notan, Jul 30, 2005