Support (lack of) at Tyan. S1854 revision H

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by rdgolay, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. rdgolay

    rdgolay Guest

    I called on approximately. May 28th to June 2 and talked to a tech
    support agent ( he did not have an accent, spoke fluent English, sorry I
    did not write down his name) and stated I was going to purchase a 900mzh
    Celeron fc-pga processor and would it work with my system. He stated
    yes and that the only thing I would need to do would be to flash the
    BIOS with the latest version (1.07) which I did. After installing my
    new CPU, my system will not boot. I also purchased a heat sink/fan
    combo (CGK760002) from Taisol per their instructions on their webpage
    http://www.tyan.com/support/html/f_tr_400.html and it does NOT fit.
    This is the only heat sink/fan combo that Taisol sells for a PIII
    FC-PGA, so now after spending $50.00 on a new processor and $30.00 on a
    heat sink and fan, I am left with $80 of equipment I cannot use because
    I trusted Tyan to give me correct information about their own product.
    Anton (who I just spoke with) started to ask me if I could mail my
    motherboard in and Tyan would “see what we can do” but then retracted
    his offer and stated there was nothing that Tyan would do.

    I have sent emails to numerous contacts at Tyan but have not heard back
    from them yet. I'll let everyone know the outcome. (Whether or not I
    am going to remain a Tyan customer)

    Buyer Beware!

    rdgolay, Jun 23, 2003

  2. rdgolay

    spellchecker Guest

    Did you clear the CMOS after flashing the BIOS?

    regards,

    spell checker

    spellchecker, Jun 24, 2003

  3. rdgolay